It's a Hit!
See what everyone everywhere is saying about ALMOST, MAINE by downloading this list of review quotes from media outlets around the world.
Awards - Accolades - Honors
- The Advocate names Transport Group’s production of ALMOST, MAINE Top Ten in New York Theater-2014.
- A production of ALMOST, MAINE, canceled by Maiden High School in Maiden, NC, goes on in an alternate venue with community and national support. The story is reported in The Huffington Post, The Advocate, and The Washington Post among others.
- ALMOST, MAINE opens at the Park Theatre in London (Go People, Producers) in late 2014, and enjoys a successful and critically acclaimed holiday run.
- Dramatics magazine reports that ALMOST, MAINE was the most-produced play in North American High Schools for the third time in the last five years, topping perennial favorites A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Our Town, and You Can’t Take It With You.
- Obie- and Drama Desk Award-winning Transport Group produces the first Off Broadway revival of ALMOST, MAINE at the historic Gym at Judson. The production is critically acclaimed and extends its run before opening. Lincoln Center records the production for preservation in its Theater on Film and Tape Archives.
- Dramatics magazine reports that ALMOST, MAINE was the second most-produced play in North American High Schools, just behind Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Hartford TheaterWorks’ production of ALMOST, MAINE wins Best Ensemble at the 2013 Connecticut Critics Circle Awards.
- Hartford TheaterWorks' Production of ALMOST, MAINE is nominated for 3 Connecticut Critics Circle Awards: Best Production of a Play, Best Ensemble, and Best Lighting Design.
- Hartford TheaterWorks’ production of ALMOST, MAINE gets a rave review in The New York Times. The production is directed by Amy Saltz, and stars Eric Bryant, Laura Esposito, Lucas Hall, and Jess Watkins.
- Dramatics magazine reports that ALMOST, MAINE was the most-produced play in North American High Schools for the second time, topping such titles as A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Arsenic and Old Lace, and The Crucible.
- Dramatics magazine reports that ALMOST, MAINE was the third most-produced play in North American High Schools in 2011-2012, topping such titles as Twelve Angry Men and Harvey.
- 1812 Theater Company swept the 2011 Lyrebird Awards (celebrating theater excellence in Victoria, Australia) winning Best Production, Best Comedy, Best Ensemble, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Set, Best Lighting, and Best Sound.
- The Washington Post and Dramatics magazine reports that ALMOST, MAINE unseats Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream as the most-produced play in North American high schools—the first time since records have been kept that a play by William Shakespeare hasn’t topped the list.
- Syracuse Stage’s production of ALMOST, MAINE is recognized as one of the “Best of 2010” by The Syracuse New Times.
- Productions of ALMOST, MAINE extend for one week at Milwaukee Rep and at Geva Theatre Center.
- The New York Times runs a front-page article on ALMOST, MAINE’s unprecedented worldwide success.
- The Oldcastle Theatre Company’s production of ALMOST, MAINE is named “Ten Best of the Berkshires” by Jeffrey Borak of The Berkshire Eagle.
- Theatre Coppell’s production of ALMOST, MAINE is named “Top Ten of 2009” in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by Christopher Soder of Pegasus News.
- Sonoma County Repertory Theater’s production of ALMOST, MAINE is named “Top Ten Torn Tickets: The North Bay Stages’ Ten Best of 2009.”
- Hudson Stage Company’s production of ALMOST, MAINE is named one of the “Top Theatrical Moments, 2008” by Peter Kramer of The Poughkeepsie Journal News.
- Productions of ALMOST, MAINE break all attendance and box office records at Phoenix Theatre, Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Saint Michael’s Playhouse, and Hudson Stage Company.
- Productions of ALMOST, MAINE extend for two weeks at Tennessee Women’s Theatre Project, Tipping Point Theatre, and The Warehouse Theatre.
- Rubber Dog Productions’ (Melbourne, Australia) run of ALMOST, MAINE breaks all attendance and box office records for the company.
- ALMOST, MAINE exceeds single ticket sales projections at nearly every professional theater at which it has played.
- ALMOST, MAINE earns citations and accolades at the regional and national level at the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival.
- ALMOST, MAINE earns citations and accolades at state and regional high school drama festivals all over the country.
- ALMOST, MAINE is selected for inclusion in Smith and Kraus’ New Playwrights: Best Plays of 2006.
- ALMOST, MAINE opens Off Broadway at the Daryl Roth Theatre, Jack Thomas/Bulldog Theatrical and Bruce Payne, producers.
- The new American National Theatre honors Portland Stage Company’s Production of ALMOST, MAINE as one of the outstanding new plays of 2004-2005.
- The Wall Street Journal names Portland Stage’s Production of ALMOST, MAINE one of ten must-see shows for the 2004-2005 regional theater season.
- ALMOST, MAINE premieres at Portland Stage Company and sells out its run, becoming the best-selling show in the organization’s history, and garnering critical acclaim.